Logo used since January 18, 2016.
|Created by||Radio Philippines Network|
|Developed by||RPN News and Public Affairs|
|Directed by||Rudy Alberto|
Arangkada Balita Theme|
by James Sace
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
Broadcast City, Quezon City
30 minutes (1999-2006)|
45 minutes (2013-present)
RPN (1999-April 14, 2006, January 18, 2016-present)|
9TV (August 23, 2014-January 17, 2016)
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
1999 - April 14, 2006|
April 1, 2013 – present
|Preceded by||NewsWatch Evening Cast|
|Followed by||NewsWatch Aksyon Balita (April 17, 2006-January 4, 2008)|
Arangkada Balita (also known as Arangkada Xtra Balita or AXB from 2000 to 2003) is the flagship national network early evening news program of RPN Network under the Media ng Bayan in the Philippines. The newscast first aired as the afternoon newscast of the network from July 2, 2000 to April 14, 2006. It airs Monday to Friday from 6:30PM-7:15PM. It can be heard simultaneously on radio through DZKB Radyo Ronda 1422 and several of Radyo Ronda provincial stations nationwide.
Its reportorial teams are tasked to gather news from every major beat in the Greater Manila Area as well as nearby provinces.
As Arangkada Xtra BalitaEdit
Arangkada Xtra Balita (AXB) was launched as part of RPN News Force, the named used of RPN News and Public Affairs as part of its news programming lineup in July 2, 2000. It was first aired as an afternoon newscast replacing NewsWatch Evening Cast, that also switched their respective formats in different timeslot. The program was initially anchored by Cielo Villaluna and Richard Rivero.
As Arangkada BalitaEdit
In 2003, the newscast was moved to noontime slot and dropped the Xtra brand, and Lazo went solo in this newscast. In 2004, as RPN expand its program partnership with Solar through the Prime Shift block, the newscast moved back to its late afternoon timeslot
On April 14, 2006, Arangkada Balita aired its final broadcast to give way for NewsWatch Aksyon Balita, which is aired in the late afternoon slot.
Revival as Arangkada BalitaEdit
As of April 1, 2013, Arangkada Balita returned to air with Angelique Lazo who return to RPN after 6 years. It marked the return of the Filipino language newscast of RPN in the primetime slot after 5 years of hiatus (with NewsWatch Aksyon Balita). Alongside the return of NewsWatch, it introducing a new set, new logo, opening titles and new graphics design. Lazo has been the stand-up news delivery and she pcatchphrase the word "pasok" (come in) in introducing reporters (who included Kiko Dagohoy, Emman Paz, Roma Agsalud, Paolo Capino, Evangeline Evangelista, among others).
On March 16, 2015, lower thirds was updated with red as the standard color. The color is similar with the launch of RPN's UHF news channel CNN Philippines.
- Serbisyong Arangkada - Public Service (Zyrene)
- Arangkadang Pulis - Police Reports in news broadcast history devoted to crime stories (Alex)
- Global Arangkada - Global News (Zyrene)
- Arangkadang Pampalakasan - Sports News (Alex)
- Arangkada Intriga - Entertainment News (Zyrene)
- WeatherWatch - Weather Forecast
- Spotlight - Lifestyle Segment
Also, some of its radio nationwide reporters from the radio network RPN Ronda Nationwide.
- Nikos Peñaranda - WeatherWatch(weeknights, 2013-present)
- Cielo Villaluna (weekend edition; 2000-2001)
- Richard Rivero (weeknight edition; 2000-2001)
- Angelique Lazo (2001-2006, 2013-2016)
- Jay Esteban (weeknight edition; 2000-2003)
- Alex Santos (weekend edition: 2013-2015)
- Fernando Cada - Weather Cast (weekends, 2013-2015)
Arangkada Balita on RPN RegionalEdit
Arangkada Balita regional editions are broadcast on all Radio Philippines Network owned and operated and affiliate stations nationwide. All regional editions air every late afternoons and some have simulcast over RPN USA for overseas viewers and on the network's AM radio stations in selected regions.
- Arangkada Balita Ilonggo (RPN-4 Iloilo)
- Arangkada Balita Negros (RPN-8 Bacolod)
- Arangkada Balita Bisaya (RPN-9 Cebu and RPN-8 Dumaguete)
Awards and nominationsEdit
Anak TV Seal AwardsEdit
- 2014 Anak TV Seal Awardee (Most Well-Lined TV Program) - Won
- 2013 Anak TV Seal Awardee (Most Well-Liked TV Program) - Won
- RPN’s ‘Boses’ reels off for nationwide tilt
- RPN's excutives grace RPN's DXXX activities
- RPN-Aliw tie-up to broaden broadcasting reach
- DWIZ, RPN forge pact to widen Reach
- RPN does TV on its own terms
- RPN-DXDX GenSan’s winning duo vie for Boses Tinig Pinoy grand finals
- Kasamahan Signal Number 3
- Bing Formento: Moving on with RPN 9
- Must shows on RPN 9
- RPN-9 to mark 54th year
- 'Marimar' returns to RPN-9
- RPN-9 launches new TV offensive
- Corazón Salvaje marks the return of TeleNovelas in 9TV
- 9TV goes live! on August 23
- 9TV dares Filipinos to shake their viewing habits
- Survey: 9TV lands 3rd slot
- 9TV’s five-day coverage of Papal visit
- Aksyon Balita
- RPN News and Public Affairs
- List of programs broadcast by Radio Philippines Network
- List of Philippine television shows