|File:979 Home Radio logo 2014.jpg|
|City of license||Pasig City|
|Broadcast area||Mega Manila, surrounding areas|
|Branding||97.9 Home Radio|
Like It Easy
|First air date||1998 (test broadcast)|
2000 (as Home Radio)
March 17, 2014 (as the first literation Home Radio Natural)
April 20, 2014 (as Natural)
April 5, 2015 (as the 2nd iteration of Home Radio Natural)
|Former callsigns||DWCD-FM (1986–1997)|
|Owner||Aliw Broadcasting Corporation|
DWQZ (97.9 FM), branded as 97.9 Home Radio is the commercial radio station broadcasting CHR and Easy Listening music format. It is owned and operated by Aliw Broadcasting Corporation in the Philippines. Its studios are located at 5th Floor, Citystate Centre, #709 Shaw Blvd., Brgy. Oranbo, Pasig City and the transmitter is located at along Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City.
97.9 Home Radio operates 24 Hours a day remains the #1 Easy Listening Station while continue to playing today's hottest hits, except Holy Week of each year from Maundy Thursday to Black Saturday, replacing its regular format to some words from the Bible and Reflections every hour in between songs playing.
2000-2014: As an Easy Listening stationEdit
Home Radio adopted an automated AC format, dubbed as the #1 Easy Listening Station in Metro Manila. After gaining success in half a year, it was then implemented to its provincial stations. Aside from its usual weekday programming, it aired a CHR-oriented programming during Sundays via VHS (Variety Hits Sunday).
In 2006, Home Radio introduced its first fully automated DJ, Jackie (voiced by Lannie Chan). In 2009, it recruited female (and later, male) DJs on board, following the less talk, more music style.
On February 28, 2014, after 14 years, the Home Radio network bade goodbye to its easy listening format, following its transition for the next 2 weeks.
2014-2015: As a Hot AC/Top 40/Easy Listening stationEdit
On March 17, 2014, the Home Radio network reformatted to a Hot AC format, with a new slogan, Natural!. After the Holy Week, the "Home Radio" brand was retired in favor of its "Natural" brand & changed its frequency nomenclature. On July 3, 2014, the station dismissed its female DJs. It also launched The R&B Show, hosted by Duncan Ramos and Jimmy Bondoc, which lasted until the end of 2014. On August 2014, the station reformatted again to a full-fledged Top 40 station, with English/Taglish as its language.
On November 3, 2014, the "Home Radio" brand was revived. and return of easy listening format and playing the hottest hits three times a day from 5-9am, 12nn-2pm and 5-9pm. Just in time for the return of female DJs after dismissed of 4-months and this time is Candy Grapes, the original and only Home Radio female DJ made a return. On January 2015, it changed its language back into full English, whilst launching new programs.
2015-present: As a CHR Local/Easy Listening stationEdit
On Easter Sunday 2015, the station was revamped once more, with a different sound and tagline execution. The format is CHR/Top 40 music mixed with OPM, simply known as CHR Local.
But on July 19, 2015, the station can now slowly reduces its CHR/Top 40 music content in favor to fully transition once again into an easy listening format because 97.9 Home Radio Natural! remains as the #1 Easy Listening Station, where the playlist is from 1993 to present.
Recently, the Natural! slogan was retired.
- Migz with a Z (Miguel Anzures, formerly of 99.5 RT / 99.5 Hit FM)
- Braggy (Braggy Litonua Braganza, formerly Braggy Orange, Braggy of Campus Radio 97.1 WLS-FM, Barako Jones of Barangay LS 97.1 and MMDA Traffic Radio 1206, also announcer for DZSR Sports Radio 918kHz and current network voice-over of PTV-4)
- Mike on the Mic
- Castri Cabatay (Pilipinas Aguilas)
- Toni (Grace Purugganan, formerly Candy Grapes)
- Honey Berry (Joan Denise Castor, formerly Dani)
- Lucy Lemon (Avegail Devierte, formerly Louie, now host of Radyo Klinika on DWIZ)
- Jaime (Jamie Rubio)
- Anne (Anne Asis-Carilo, formerly of Wave 89.1)
- Adam (formerly Adam Apple and Bobcat)
- Captain Jai (5AZ1)
- B. Taylor Cuick
- Pam Pomelo (Jelly Soriano, formerly Alex, now with Wish 1075 as Jelly Kiss)
- Aliya Parcs
- Maya Papaya (Erica Honrado, formerly DJ Maja Rotcha of 91.5 Big Radio and DJ Eric of 102.7 Star FM, now with UNTV 37)
- Pineapple Joe (formerly Papa Tolits of Barangay LS 97.1)
- Duncan Ramos
- Jimmy Bondoc
- Rick Spade (Frederick Billano, formerly Rico Mango)
- Johnny (Mario Ubaldo, formerly Juan Banana, Jack, Tommy Tambay/Matthew Dancer of Love Radio Legaspi, Mister Love of Love Radio Naga, Super Mario of MOR Naga, Mighty Mario of Star FM Legaspi, Jimbo Rock of Star FM Naga and Jimmy Nerd of 90.7 DWDA)
- Jake (Marc Anthony Lim, formerly Jake Fruit and Marc Mackerel of 97.1 OKFM and FOX 89.9 Legazpi)
- Josh / BJ the DJ (formerly Buko Josh)
- Marco (Andru Maranan, formerly Marco Avocado and Kristoff)
- What's Up, Brew? - Hosted by Kevyn; Weekdays, 6am-9am
- Braggy Bunch Show - Hosted by Braggy; Weekdays, 9am-12nn.
- Hanging Out - Hosted by Rex and Cad; Weekdays, 12nn-3pm.
- Dog Unleashed - Hosted by Mike on the Mic and Doggy; Weekdays, 3pm-6pm.
- Crazy Sexy Cool Castri - Hosted by Castri Cabatay; Weekdays and Saturdays, 6pm-9pm.
- Dear Toni - Hosted by Toni, Weekdays, 9pm-12mn.
- In The Can with Noel - Hosted by Noel; Weekdays, 11pm-2am and Sundays, 5pm-9pm.
- Flashback Thursday - Wednesdays 12mn-Thursdays 12mn; playing the hits from 1980 to 1992 (with Pinoy Music Jam on top-of-the-hour and hourly on the 30s)
- H20 - The Hottest 20 Weekly Hits Countdown on Home Radio - Never watered down, but refreshing you weekly every Saturday. Hosted by Braggy; Saturdays, 9am-11am.
- The Twilight Zone - Hosted by Braggy; Saturdays, 11am-1pm with the hits from the past (80's and early 90's).
- The Powder Room - Saturdays 1pm-6pm - The female perspective and opinions of today's woman.
- Guilty Pleasures - Sundays 6am-9pm; your favorite hits from 2000-2010 hits.
- Hangtime with Rex - Hosted by Rex; Sundays, 9am-1pm.
- HRU (Home Radio Updates) - Everyday, hourly on the: 15s and 45s, Home Radio Updates giving you news, traffic and weather together on the 15s and 45s.
- Classic Jam - Timeless hits from the 70s, 80s and early 90s, daily and every top-of-the-hour. (except Flashback Thursday)
- Pinoy Music Jam - OPM hits played everyday and every hourly on the 30s.
Home Radio stationsEdit
|97.9 Home Radio Natural Manila||DWQZ||97.9 MHz||25 kW||Mega Manila|
|95.1 Home Radio Natural Naga||DWQJ||95.1 MHz||10 kW||Naga|
|92.3 Home Radio Natural Legaspi||DWQA||92.3 MHz||10 kW||Legaspi|
|106.7 Home Radio Natural Cebu||DYQC||106.7 MHz||20 kW||Cebu|
|89.5 Home Radio Natural Iloilo||DYQN||89.5 MHz||10 kW||Iloilo|
|98.7 Home Radio Natural Davao||DXQM||98.7 MHz||10 kW||Davao|
|93.5 Home Radio Natural Cagayan De Oro||DXQR||93.5 MHz||10 kW||Cagayan De Oro|
|98.3 Home Radio Natural General Santos||DXQS||98.3 MHz||10 kW||General Santos|
- In 100 Words: Home Radio is Back, Sort Of
- 97.9 Home Radio Natural! now on its 15th birthday
- 97dot9 Home Radio Schedule
- Retro 105.9 DCG FM sked
- DWIZ 882 - An AM radio station also owned by Aliw Broadcasting Corporation.
- 97.9 Home Radio on Facebook (Verified)
- 97.9 Home Radio on Twitter (Verified)
- 97.9 Home Radio on Instagram (Verified)