|City of license||Roxas City|
|Branding||IBC DYJJ Radyo Budyong 1296 Roxas|
|Slogan||Basta't Balita, Serbisyo at Musika, DYJJ ako|
Ang Tingog sang Capiceno!!
|First air date||1981|
|Format||News and public affairs/Talk|
Music (Contemporary MOR, OPM)
|Owner||Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation|
IBC DYJJ Radyo Budyong 1296 Roxas (1296 kHz Roxas City) is an AM station of Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation under the Presidential Communications Operations Office. DYJJ-AM studio is located at Barangay Baybay, Arnaldo Boulevard, Roxas City.
The station manager and OIC of DYJJ is the news anchorman Rexam Laguda.
DYJJ Radyo Budyong 1296 Roxas is also has a television channel on SkyCable Roxas named DYJJ TeleTrese Roxas where the studio and hosts of its programs can be seen by its listeners and viewers. It has their programming for DYJJ that simulcast over Wesfardell Cable Channel 6.
The IBC team is composed of Wesfardell Cable TV, Budyong Kapehan (Trefoil) and The Capiz Chronicle and The Daily Guardian papers.
IBC-DYJJ Radyo Budyong was established in Roxas City on April 1, 1981. It is one of the three provincial stations in the Visayas owned by Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation (IBC-13), a broadcast corporation then owned by the late Philippine Ambassador Roberto Salas – Benedicto (popularly known as RSB for his employees whom they considered as very supportive of their plight especially in terms of their benefits).
Shortly after the EDSA revolution in 1986, IBC-13 was among the properties surrendered by Benedicto to the government as part of the compromise settlement before he was allowed to return to the country. IBC-13 was considered part of the so-called “ill-gotten wealth” purportedly amassed by Benedicto, an alleged “Marcos crony.” During IBC “glorious days” especially in the early 70’s and 80’s, DYJJ was among the most favorite radio stations in Roxas City especially in the absence of FM stations and cable TV. IBC-DYJJ, with the prominence of its television counterparts in Iloilo (IBC-TV12) and its relay station in Roxas City (TV-2) enjoyed publicity and preference among Capicenios.
However the instability of its leadership due to massive organizational changes and visions has brought havoc on its local operation. Shaky leadership and sudden changes of decision-makers at the central office contributed a lot on the deterioration of DYJJ for nearly two decades. There were even incompetence and abuses noted on its local leadership especially after DYJJ pioneer employees have retired in the latter part of 1995. Only in 2004 that DYJJ again have regained its strength when its tower was erected, its programming computerized and several positive structural changes and corporate policies were introduced. But due to its vintage radio transmitter, DYJJ audio output has been a very big problem not only on its programming but also its financial viability. DYJJ programs were designed to be public service-oriented. It is also packed with hard news, straight commentaries and musical programs. Constant interaction with the public on relevant issues is given preferential attention on its public-affairs programs.
One of DYJJ's most popular programs is Budyong Kapehan. A radio-TV talk show production wherein talking points centered on governance, political issues, public policies, current news and community scenarios. It is also the pioneer in radio and Cable TV broadcasting in Capiz.
DYJJ had 7 station managers (including 2 OIC's) since it began its operation in 1981.Edit
- Lydia Depalobos - Station Manager (1981- 1986)
- Mera Tumlos-Yngcong - Station Manager (1987-1995)
- Dominique Hosalla - Station Manager (1996-1998)
- Noel Bergantinos - OIC (1998-1999)
- Bobby Rodriguez - Station Manager (1999-2003)
- Jun Arbolado - Station Manager (2003 to 2007; moved to IBC-12 Iloilo)
- Rexam Laguda - OIC (2007 to present)
Most of the programs are hooked up from DZTV Manila with originally-produced programs on weekdays. A local programming for news and current affairs. After the current affairs programs in the afternoon, it caters with popular music.
- Balitang Barangay (DZTV simulcast)
- Eala ng Bayan (simulcast on DZTV and IBC News Network)
- DYJJ Radyo Budyong Balita
- Radyo Budyong Balita sa Umaga (Mon-Sun 7-7:30am) - anchored by Rexam Laguda on weekdays and Rachel Nalangan on weekends
- Radyo Budyong Balita sa Tanghali (Mon-Sun 12nn-12:30pm) - anchored by Dominique Hosalla on weekdays and Bobby Rodriguez on weekends
- Radyo Budyong Balita sa Hapon (Monday-Friday 4-4:30pm) - anchored by Mera Tumlos.
- Radyo Budyong Balita sa Gabi (Mon-Fri 6-6:30pm) - anchored by Noel Bergantinos
- Express Balita Ilonggo (Mon-Fri 5-5:30pm simulcast on IBC-12 Iloilo)
- Express Balita sa DYJJ Roxas (Mon-Fri 6:30-7:45pm simulcast on IBC-13 Manila)
- News Team 13 sa DYJJ Roxas (Mon-Fri 11pm-11:30pm simulcast on IBC-13 Manila)
- Budyong Kapehan (Monday-Friday 6am-8am) - Hosted by Amy Berondo, a radio-TV talk show in talking points centered on governance, political issues, public policies, current news and community scenarios. It is also the pioneer in radio and Cable TV broadcasting in Capiz.
- Tapatan with Jay Sonza (DZTV simulcast)
Commentary and opinionEdit
- Punto Por Puno - anchored by Papa Tobe and Christopher Yu (Monday-Friday 9am-10am)
- Opinyon at Desisyon (DZTV simulcast)
- Public Forum (DZTV simulcast)
- Ugnayan sa Rembrandt (DZTV simulcast)
- Dial M (DZTV simulcast)
- Digong 8888 Hotline (DZTV simulcast)
- Lingkod Kapinoy (DZTV simulcast)
- OFW Hotline (Saturday and Sunday 7:15-8pm) - Hosted by Rachel Nalangan who teaches maritime students at John B. Lacson Colleges. The news-magazine format features news about foreign-based workers, global situations; OFW success stories; government programs, aids and assistance. Chikang OFW segment offers free international calls for families who wish to contact their love ones. ABYAN PINOY portion showcases the singing talents of OFW family members. The lines are also open for greetings and public announcements. This program is sponsored by The Guardian and PLDT Budget Cards. There are more than eight million Filipino OFWs worldwide as of August 2004, with about two million having immigrant status. Based on an immigration report, 2,300 Filipinos leave the country every day and this figure increases by two percent every year.
- Talakayan sa Isyung Pulis (TSIP) (DZTV simulcast)
- BFP Hour - a one-hour public service radio program hosted by Fire Officer 2 (FO2) Marlon Garbo, PIO of Roxas City Fire Station and the Best Performing Information Officer of 2012. The Radio Program which was launched in September 8, 2012 is initiated through the leadership of F/CINSP LESTER KENNETH C GIMOTEA, Provincial Fire Marshal of Capiz. A wide range of topics for discussion regarding BFP concerns and issues; catering public opinion by giving them opportunity to ask questions on basic fire safety tips in their households and commercial establishments; queries regarding documentary requirements for issuance of Fire Safety Inspection Certificates and other important fire safety related matters.Said radio program has already lined-up long list of BFP personnel holding key positions in the bureau and Municipal Fire Marshals of different municipalities, as a guest every Saturday to impart important information about fire safety and even personal information about themselves, as firefighters, to the listeners (Saturday 11am-12nn)
Justice and law issuesEdit
Educational and informativeEdit
Health and LifestyleEdit
Entertainment and showbizEdit
- Showbiz Artista (2011-present)
- Radyo KapinoyLand (DZTV simulcast)
- Afternoon Music Jam (Mon-Fri 4:30-5:30pm)
- Music Radio
- Golden Pinoy (DZTV simulcast)
- Sabado 80's (DZTV simulcast)
- Secarats Radio (under Secarats Talent Management Services) (DZTV simulcast)
- Lite Rock Sunday (DZTV simulcast)
- Afternoon Sunday Mix (DZTV simulcast)
- JMM on Radio (under Jesuit Music Ministry) (DZTV simulcast)
- 3'O Clock Holy Mercy Prayer
- Rexam Laguda (Station Manager)
- Papa Tobe
- Christopher Yu
- Amy Berondo
- Dominique Hosalla
- Noel Bergantinos
- Rachel Nalangan
- Marlon Garbo
- Bobby Rodriguez
- Mera Tumlos