|High School Life|
Teen drama |
School (High school)
Slice of life
IBC Creative Department |
Mel Mendoza-del Rosario
|Developed by||Ginny Monteagudo-Ocampo|
Renee Patricia Dimla |
Jillmer S. Dy
Veronica B. Velasco |
|Theme music composer||
Jimmy Antiporda (Here I Am Again)|
George Canseco (High School Life)
Here I Am Again|
by Janella Salvador
High School Life
by Gabbi Garcia
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||337 (List of episodes)|
|Producer(s)||Keila Marie Celso|
Metro Manila, Philippines|
Ramon Magsaysay (Cubao) High School
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original run||September 26, 2016 – January 12, 2018|
|Related shows||Junior Twin|
It is considered as the second curriculum-based curriculum-based drama series of IBC after the first ever curriculum-based drama and the first ever teleserye adaptaton of Korean drama Glory Jane (produced by IBC and Secarats Talent Management Services), and the first afternoon curriculum-based drama on the network's afternoon block.
High School Life is a heartwarming curriculum-based drama follow the journey of Nicole (Gabbi Garcia) and Bianca (Ysabel Ortega) are their two high school teenagers who are studying the lesson and learning the subject in St. Andre National High School as they became bestfriends in effort to teach our good values and academic education. Both of them study in different subjects that include Araling Panlipunan, English, Filipino, Science, Mathematics, TLE and MAPEH. During the classroom in St. Andre National High School, Nicole and Bianca ruined their reputation by questioning the lesson of teachers and principals.
Their moral valuable in their parents – Bianca's mother Ria (Kaye Abad) and her love interest and Nicole's father Albert (Paul Jake Castilo) – paired for love. After years of being separated from each other, Ria reunited her husband to pair Albert, her true love, to reunite her pursue in the moral student of Nicole.
Nicole and Bianca are loved to study in high school as they tried to learning for good.
Cast and CharactersEdit
- Gabbi Garcia as Nicole Aguilar - One of the two main protagonists. Nicole is Bianca's real half-sister as a high school classmate of St. Andre National High School, and Ria and Albert's teenage daughter. She later involve Raymond is her foster father. Later, Nicole is the only lead female protagonist of the series.
- JM de Guzman as Raymond Aguilar (2017-2018) - the foster father of Nicole.
- Lui Manansala as Aling Mely (2017-2018) - the grandmother of Nicole.
- Renz Valerio as Carlo Agustin - Paolo's half-brother and Nicole's love interest at St. Andre National High School.
- Markus Paterson as Gabriel Legaspi (2017-2018) - Nadine's bestfriend.
- Kaye Abad as Ria Aguilar / Ria Gonzaga - Bianca's mother; later Nadine's mother and Albert's real love interest and husband, later .
- Paul Jake Castillo as Albert Aguilar / Albert Gonzaga - Ria's real love interest and Nicole's father; later Nadine's father.
- Heaven Peralejo as Nadine Ramirez / Nadine Gonzaga (2017-2018) - Nicole's bestfriend of St. Andre National High School, later the main antagonist. Nadine is Ria and Albert's teenage daughter as a classmate of St. Andre National High School as Nicole's bestfriend.
- John Bermundo as Paolo Hermoso / Paolo Agustin (2017-2018) - Gerald's half-brother, later Carlo' half-others and Gina's second son and Nadine's good friend at St. Andre National High School.
- Gloria Diaz as Gina Hermoso / Gina Agustin (2017-2018) - Gerald and Paolo's grandmother.
- DJ Durano as Alvin Agustin - Ricky's father.
- Paula Peralejo as Michelle Agustin - Ricky's mother.
- Hiyasmin Neri as Teacher Camille Estrada - the teacher of St. Andre National High School.
- Louie Angsico as Benjie Miranda - the coach of St. Andre National High School.
- Joseph Andre Garcia as Patrick Rementilla - Ricky's friend, later Paolo's classmate/friend at St. Andre National High School.
- Kristine Sablan as Andrea Ramirez - Bianca's friend, later Nadine's friend in St. Andre National High School.
- Jon Avila as Arjo Ramirez - Andrea's father.
- Mara Lopez as Rizza Ramirez - Andrea's younger daughter.
- Dale Baldillo as Carlos Alonzo - Ricky's classmate/friend, later Paolo's classmate/friend.
- Angel Sy as Abigail Bernardo - Nicole's classmate/friend.
- Celine Lim as Lauren delos Santos - Nicole's classmate/friend.
- Carlo Lacana as Enzo Paderna - Ricky's classmate/friend, later Paolo's classmate/friend.
- Maria Faye Vargas as Joanne Manabat (2017-2018) - Andrea's classmate/friend.
- Leann Ganzon as Idelle Orquia (2017-2018) - Andrea's classmate/friend.
- Sherilyn Reyes as Anna Alvarez - the principal in St. Andre National High School.
- IC Mendoza as Mr. Butch - the effeminate drama and art teacher in St. Andre National High School.
- Ysabel Ortega as Bianca Aguilar (2016-2017) - One of the two main protagonists. Bianca is Nicole's real half-sister as a bestfriend of St. Andre National High School, and Ria and Albert's teenage daughter.
- BJ Forbes as Ricky Agustin - Bianca's love interest. (2016-2017)
- Paolo Santiago as Gerald Hermoso - Nicole's romantic bestfriend of St. Andre National High School.
- Elizabeth Oropesa as Linda Hermoso (2016-2017) - Gerald's grandmother.
- Luis Gabriel Moreno as Paolo dela Cruz
- Sasha Gloria as Kira Garcia
- Aria Cariño as Jenny Tobias
- Lianne Valentin as Jenny Ramirez
- Dar Bernardo as Onemig Martinez
- Paul Salas as Chester Agassi
- Yna Uy as Linda Garcia
- Slater Young as Efren Vargas
- Nichole Baranda as Aira Estrada
- Paulo Angeles as Ivan Palanca
- Ayla Mendero as Andrea Bernardo
- Kurt Perez as John Arellano
- Abby Bautista as Loisa Cabrera
- Aaliyah Benisano as Kylie Magdayao
- Kym Vergara as Justin Legaspi
- Erika Rabara as Claire Angela
- Jervy delos Reyes as Norman Bautista
- Janina Vela as Barbie Salvador
- Aaron Junatas as Aaron Aytona
- Pat Deligero as Ashley delos Reyes
- John Wayne Sace as Bryan Santiago
- Julia Monica Caldito as Phoebe Garcia
- Tom Taus as Rodjun Bautista
- Abigail Francisco Macapagal as Mara Bautista
- Caleb Gotico as RJ Gonzaga
- Raine Salamante as Joanne Ramirez
- CJ Ramos as Acey Ocampo
- Mikaela Yllana as Kylie Delavin
- Jacob Benedicto as Arvic Ochoa
- Ella Guevara as Maris Fernandez
- Miguel Aguila as Ramil Alvarez
- Daniella Amable as Aiza Ababa
- Jack Reid as Ivan Manzano
- Hannah Kaye Balanay as Kaye Salamante
- Sandy Talag as Janna Javier
- Kendra Kramer as young Nicole Aguilar
- Jana Agoncillo as young Bianca Aguilar
- Raikko Mateo as young Ricky Agustin
- Main article: List of High School Life episodes
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||178||September 26, 2017||June 2, 2017|
|2||159||June 5, 2017||January 12, 2018|
IBC president and CEO Boots Anson-Roa unveiled the creation of a curriculum-based drama series recommended by the curriculum of the Department of Education (DepEd), a responsible for the K–12 basic education geared towards educating moral values and life lessons and particularly capture the high school education and the fascination of the high school level in a mix of both public and private schools in terms of using a school uniforms (Filipino: uniporme or kasuotang pang-paaralan; Literally: our school attire) in an effort to study and learn among the teenagers in junior high school (Grades 7-10) and senior high school (Grades 11 and 12), at the age of 13 to 19 years old and above.
The afternoon tandem of teen actress Gabbi Garcia and Ysabel Ortega are the high school classmates involved their friendship, in a suitable for young audiences in terms of uniforms, term papers, and class cards. Gabbi is a consistent member of her student council. They also remaked the school-oriented storyline with a heartwarming scenes where they educate and target our struggles of teenagers and our students, valuable lessons and moral values about basic and public education, by giving a lesson in high school.
After her numerous projects of IBC including Janella in Wonderland, Before I Fall in Love and her regular supporting role in the top-rating sitcom Maya Loves Sir Chief, teen actress Gabbi Garcia landed in her breakthrough role aside from her crossover in the Kapuso telefantasya Encantadia on GMA Network. Garcia partnered with Ysabel Ortega in her first lead role who landed in her third project after Janella in Wonderland and Anna Luna. It also marks the first time real-life couple Kaye Abad and Paul Jake Castillo are working together in this series, playing the roles of Ria and Albert.
On February 2017, Elizabeth Oropeza left the series due to numerous prior commitments (including the then-upcoming drama, Impostora on GMA) and the expiration of her contract with IBC. In the same month, Gloria Diaz replaced her as Gerald's (BJ Forbes) grandmother. Meanwhile, it was announced that JM de Guzman, Gimme 5 member John Bermundo and Heaven Peralejo would also be joining the cast as the foster father of Nicole (Garcia), Gina's (Diaz) teenage brother and Nicole's (Ortega) friend, respectively.
On June 2017, Ysabel Ortega left the series due to numerous prior commitments (including ABS-CBN afternoon drama, Pusong Ligaw) and the expectation of her contract with IBC. Only Garcia remained in a solo lead role as a high school classmate because of her rising popularity after Ortega departured for Pusong Ligaw.
Filming for High School Life began in June 27, 2016 (two weeks ago after the opened school year as of June 13, 2016).
On June 5, 2017, IBC announced that High School Life is officially extended until January 2018 due to its positive feedback, high ratings, heartwarming study scenes, moral values and "real life lessons" which was received well by the young audience. Furthermore, the series has also been known to educate and empower its viewers about Philippine basic education and Filipino learners in a high school level.
On September 26, 2017, this series will be celebrating its very 1st Anniversary.
|High School Life: Music from and Inspired by the Teleserye|
|Soundtrack album by Various Artists|
|Released||September 23, 2016|
Due to the success of the curriculum-based drama, the original soundtrack album for the curriculum-based teleserye was released September 23, 2016 under IBC Records. The physical copy of soundtrack is available in leading music stores and digitally via Spotify, iTunes, Guvera, Deezer, Rdio and Amazon Music.
The theme song of the curriculum-based teleserye, Here I Am Again, composed by Jimmy Antiporda, was sung by Janella Salvador for the rendition of the teleserye. Another theme song, High School Life, the anthemic song about life in high school composed by the late songwriter George Canseco, was sung by Gabbi Garcia for the rendition of the curriculum-based teleserye. The song was originally sung by Filipino singer and actress Sharon Cuneta during her high school years when she was 15 and serves also as the lead single from Cuneta’s album from the album High School in 1981 and the theme song for the 1981 film High School Scandal starring Gina Alajar and Sandy Andolong.
- Here I Am Again (composer: Jimmy Antiporda) - Janella Salvador
- So Many Questions (composer: Louie Ocampo) - Gabbi Garcia
- Lift Up Your Hands (composer: Cecile Azarcon) - JM de Guzman
- What About Love? (composers: Lemar Obika, Fitzgerald Scott) - Alyssa Angles
- I'm On My Own Now (composers: Claudette Raiche, R. Jones) - Never the Strangers
- Unusual As Usual (composer: Christian Martinez) - Alyssa Angeles
- Love on a Two-Way Street (composers: Sylvia Robinson, Bert Keyes) - Gabbi Garcia
- Photograph (composer: Nori Villena) - Gerald Santos
- Whatever Happened To Our Love (composers: Kenneth Gamble, Terry Burrus) - Janella Salvador
- High School Life (composer: George Canseco) - Gabbi Garcia
During the pilot episode, High School Life's premiere episode First Day of High School received a national TV rating of 20.8%, considerable for an afternoon curriculum-based drama compared to competitors like ABS-CBN's The Greatest Love and GMA's Sa Piling ni Nanay are only received 13.8% and 12.5%, according to data from Kantar Media. High School Life (3:45 pm PST) premiered strongly on September 26, 2016 on the afternoon block. Aside from winning the ratings game, High School Life also won the hearts of young viewers for high school classmates and teachers, and received as the #HSLFirstDayOfHighSchool quickly became a nationwide trending topic on Twitter because of the positive tweets posted by viewers about the school-themed drama. Since then, High School Life ruled the afternoon programming as the #1 afternoon program on Philippine TV, according to the national ratings survey of Kantar Media. The curriculum-based drama received by the high school teenagers due to heartwarming scenes, moral values and valuable lessons in effort to target for young audience about the Philippine public high school.
IBC is advantage of the curriculum-based drama's popularity to the partnership with Sari-Sari Kapinoy entitled High School Items, the merchandise that produce a school supplies (notebooks, pencils, erasers, bags, pencil case, watches, ballpen), dolls, tumblers, wall clocks, keychains, stickers, posters, among others are also being sold available in the market, like supermarkets, supermalls, malls and much more in Mega Manila and nationwide in very affordable prices.
The show gains endorsements and brand promotions from companies. The advertisements airs during and after the commercial breaks of the show.
|2016||RDL Teens Cologne||RDL Pharmaceutical Laboratory Inc.||Gabbi Garcia (Nicole) with Celine Lim (Lauren) and Angel Sy (Abigail)|
|2016||Shield Bath Soap||ACS Manufacturing Corporation||Ysabel Ortega (Bianca), Kaye Abad (Bianca's mother Ria) and Paul Jake Castillo (Nicole's mother Albert)|
|2016||Green Cross Alcohol||Green Cross, Inc.||Ysabel Ortega (Bianca) and BJ Forbes (Ricky)|
|2016||Regent Cakes||Regent Foods Corporation (founded in August 1988)||Gabbi Garcia (Nicole) (for Regent Mixed Cakes: Custard Cake, Chocolate Cake, Lemon Cake and Cheese Cake) and Ysabel Ortega (Bianca) (for Regent Assorted Cakes: Pandan Cake, Ube Cake, Mocca Cake, Melon Cake and Strawberry Cake)|
|2016||Bear Brand||Nestlé||Gabbi Garcia (Nicole) and Ysabel Ortega (Bianca), BJ Forbes (Ricky) and Hiyasmin Neri (Teacher Camille) and Louie Angsico (Benjie) (Micronutrient Deficiency)|
|2017||Tide||P&G Philippines||BJ Forbes (Ricky), Dale Baldillo (Ricky) and Paula Peralejo (Ricky's mother Michelle)|
|2017||Magnolia Pancake Plus||Magnolia (San Miguel Corporation)||Kaye Abad (Bianca's mother Ria) (for Maple Syrup), Paul Jake Castillo (Nicole's father Albert) (for Maple Syrup), Gabbi Garcia (Nicole) (for Strawberry Syrup) and Ysabel Ortega (Bianca) (for Chocolate Syrup)|
|2017||Oreo||Mondelēz International, Inc.||Gabbi Garcia (Nicole) and Paul Jake Castillo (Nicole's father Albert)|
Awards and nominationsEdit
- 2017 Anak TV Seal Awardee (Household Favorite Program) - Won
- 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television (Best Drama Supporting Actor) - Won (JM de Guzman)
- 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television (Best Drama Actress) - Won (Gabbi Garcia)
- 31st PMPC Star Awards for Television (Best Daytime Drama Series) - Won
- 2017 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards (Most Promising TV Actor of the Year) - Won (BJ Forbes)
- 2017 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards (TV Supporting Actor of the Year) - Won (Paul Jake Castillo)
- 2017 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards (Princess of Philippine Television) - Won (Gabbi Garcia)
- 2017 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards (Most Popular TV Program Daytime Drama) - Won
- Profile Pictures
- Cover Photos
- 11947601_907656622617090_1402177569755252293_n.jpg (JPEG Image, 960 × 720 pixels)
- 10525804_786108421419488_6651451642562951371_n.jpg (JPEG Image, 640 × 640 pixels)
- 14067576_1012947872136103_1317300944228419077_n.jpg (JPEG Image, 638 × 960 pixels) - Scaled (63%)
- 14102156_1012262335537990_3905221671938176786_n.jpg (JPEG Image, 638 × 960 pixels) - Scaled (63%)
- Jason “boloy” Bermejo on Instagram: “@gmasundaypinasaya Gabru please @_gabbigarcia @rurumadrid8 #SPSBringBackGabRu #GabRu #GabRuForSPS #gabbigarcia #rurumadrid #gabru…”
- Gabbi Garcia Topbill IBC-13’s Afternoon High School Drama ‘High School Life’
- ‘High School Life’ – Trailer
- Gabbi and Ysabel Tandem, Topbill The Afternoon High School Teleserye for IBC-13
- Gabbi Garcia and Ysabel Ortega Topbill in 'High School Life' Premieres September 26 on IBC-13
- ‘High School Life’ Premiere, Plus IBC-13’s Revamped Schedule
- Meet the Characters of IBC-13’s Newest Afternoon Teleserye ‘High School Life’
- COMMENTARY: High school classmate Gabbi Garcia and her classmate bestfriend Ysabel Ortega in High School Life
- High school drama in afternoon
- NATIONAL TV RATINGS (SEPTEMBER 26, 2016 – MONDAY)
- ‘High School Life’ is IBC-13’s Afternoon Viewership
- ‘High School Life’ Marathon Special this Sunday
- Gabbi Garcia and Ysabel Ortega Thanks School Fans for the Ratings Success of ‘High School Life’
- ‘High School Life’ Paved Way for IBC-13 to Topple Daytime Leadership
- ‘High School Life’ Hits 21.8%, Tops Daytime Race
- ‘High Schoo Life’ Hits 23.4% in Afternoon
- ‘High School Life’ Tops Afternoon Viewership in October
- ‘High School Life’ is Now One of IBC-13’s Biggest Moneymakers
- ‘High School Life’ Hits 25.8% in Afternoon, It’s Highest Ever
- High School Life Turns One
- List of programs broadcast by Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation
- List of dramas of IBC