April 12, 2004 - Philstar
They also unveiled their new campaign, Iba Tayo! network which highlights the station's edgy take on Pinoy life and the screen Iba Tayo! for ABC-5's flagship slogan now owned by businessman Antonio Tony Boy Cojuangco.
It also operating the FM radio station like 106.7 Dream FM which aired in the smooth jazz format added up with R&B, soul, bossa nova and house music.
Kids will be treat as ABC is home to the anime series continues Sailor Moon, every Saturdays at 4:30 p.m. recounts the adventures of Usagi Tsukino an ordinary middle school Japanese girl whose true identity is revealed to her one day by the talking cat, Luna. Usagi is destined to salvage mankind as Sailor Moon. She joins forces with other foxy girl heroes Sailor Mercury, Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Jupiter to fight the evil spawned by the Dark Kingdom, with a voiced by a popstar princess Sarah Geronimo as a character Sailor Moon, the cutest girls of Japan Animation, watch as they go wild and attractive as they go super.
The flagship news program Sentro, anchored by John Susi and Ali Sotto airs weekdays at 5:30 p.m. The longest-running late-night newscast for FIlipino viewers Big News, now with new anchor Amelyn Veloso and Cheri Mercado weeknights 10:15 p.m. While a public affairs programs are: INQ-TV (Inquirer on TV) with Amelyn Veloso, weeknights 10 p.m. and Cheche Lazaro's Probe every Saturday 10 p.m.
The new show which premiered April 20 is the new game show Puso o Pera (Tuesdays at 7 p.m.), it is hosted by Willie Revillame with co-host Patricia Javier and Maui Taylor incorporates reality-based challenges into the studio game show format, which plays on the emotions of each of the contestants, who ultimately have to choose between a sum of money or "saving" their loved ones from physical, mental or emotional discomfort that Willie's more fun to save management the P2 million in the pot to give away up to P8 million prize money to the contestants in prizes can be won, with PLDT and PCSO as major sponsors.
Another interesting show that a first beauty-serye Buhay Beauty Queen, airs every weeknights at 9:30 p.m., features the search for and the making of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2004 conducted a nationwide search for qualified candidates. Screenings were held in Cebu, Davao, Pampanga, Legaspi and Manila to find 35 beautiful ladies with the best combination of beauty, intelligence, poise and talent. It is hosted by Epy Quizon for the making of a Beauty Queen. The 35 hopefuls then will compete against each other to determine who will become the Mutya ng Pilipinas of 2004 and receive one million in cash and prizes plus the chance to win the Miss Asia Pacific title, a management contract with ABC and a chance to be the next major TV star.
An interactive text-based game show for today's teens with the new Game Channel Extreme airs every Monday to Saturday from 4 to 4:30 p.m. premiering April 26, a real time TV games, chat music, trivia and a lot more with super cool celebrity game jocks Iya Villania, Aaron Mempin, Bianca Gonzales and Chase Tinio everyday.
Blockbuster movies now offers a weekend movies: new Hollywood movies ABCinema (Saturdays at 10:30 p.m.) aims to feature only the best local and foreign films that will make the Filipino audience more aware of their culture and that of other countries and Viva Cine Idols (Sundays at 9 p.m.) fshowcasing the Viva local blockbuster movie festival featuring a one movie idol a month. Also, has a new asianovelas, back-to-back chinovelas Amazing Twins at 4:30 p.m., Scent of Love at 5 p.m. and the Koreanovela Fireworks at 10 p.m.
ABC has the popular sports into the country's favorite basketball: PBA, which airs a five-times-a-week with just one game on Wednesdays to Fridays from 7 to 9:30 p.m. and also the two double-headers weekend every Saturdays from 5 to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 4 to 8 p.m.
In the foreign canned shows, ABC has the highest-rated US series: Friends, every Mondays from 8 to 8:30 p.m. airing all original episodes Season 9 and 10 of the most popular Friends, the popular reality star-search show American Idol, weeknights at 6 to 7 p.m. and Gagsters, Mondays 7 p.m.
More: a videoke variety show Sing-Galing (Saturdays, 9 p.m.) is hosted by a two comedians Ai ai delas Alas and John Lapus, SINGLE (Mondays, 8:30 p.m.) The Misadventures Maverick & Ariel (Mondays 9 p.m.), On-Air (Tuesdays, 9 p.m.), with JM Rodriguez, the primetime game show Family Feud (Sundays 8 p.m.), starring singer and songwriter Ogie Alcasid, SINGLE (Saturdays at 3 p.m.) and a longest-running gag show Wow Mali (Tuesdays 8 p.m.) with veteran comedian Joey de Leon will continue to bring in viewers will be treated to reinvention of these shows.
New Shows on Iba Tayo networkEdit
Alin ang naiiba? Simula ngayong gabi, ibahin mo mang mapapanood mo sa TV. Dahil sa ABC, mas exciting ang mga pagpililiang programa. Bago, di gaya-gaya at tunay na fresh!
- BUHAY BEAUTY QUEEN
- The Search for Mutya ng Pilipinas 2004
- Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm
- Hosted by: Dawn Zulueta with co-host Epi Quizon
- Ang kauna-unahanhg beauty-serye sa Pinoy television. Labin-tatlong linggo ng dokumentaryo sa paglikha ng isang Fipipina Beauty Queen. With over 1.5 million pesos in prizes. Ito na ang pinaka-malaking beauty pageant sa Pilipinas sa ngayon. Who will be the beauty queen, millionaire and star?
- PUSO O PERA
- Tuesdays @ 7:00 pm
- Premieres April 24
- Hosted by Willie Revillame, Patricia Javier and Maui Taylor
- Reality TV meets game show. Up to P8 Million in prizes can be won!
- SCENT OF LOVE
- Monday to Friday at 5:00 pm
- One love, two lifetimes. Pag-iibigan sa buhay at kamatayan. Pag-iibigan na walang katapusan. Kung naniniwala ka sa reincarnation, ito ang love story para sa iyo.
- Monday to Friday @ 10:45 pm
- An adult story about people falling in love and the choices they have to make. An innocent woman torn between the two men in her life. When innocence and experience meet, when love and hate collide, you can expect...FIREWORKS!
- GAME CHANNEL EXTREME
- Monday to Saturday @ 4:00 pm
- Premieres April 26
- Hosted by: Iya Villania
- Total Interactive TV for today's teens. Real time TV games, chat, music, trivia and a lot more with super cool celebrity game jocks everyday!
- AMAZING TWINS
- Monday to Friday @ 4:30 pm
- The Chinovela that started it all is back! With never before seen episodes.
- Ano ang mga lihim ng legendary fighters ng Jiang River na sina Gary at Charlie? Sundan ang kanilang pakikipagsaparalaran mula simula hanggang sa huling kabanata sa "Amazing Twins".
- Saturday @ 4:30 pm
- The anime adventure continues as ABC proudly presents the cutest girls of Japan animation Sailor Moon, watch as they go wild and attractive Usagi Tsukino an ordinary middle school Japanese girl whose true identity is revealed to her one day by the talking cat, Luna. Usagi is destined to salvage mankind as Sailor Moon.
- Mga Kwento sa Gitna ng Balita
- Monday to Friday @ 5:30 pm
- Anchored by: Susan Sevillo-Enriquez and Daniel Razon
- Mga bagong tandem, bagong mukha, bagong style, bagong pagbabalita na inyong kagigiliwan. Mas mabilis at mas mainit -- dahil di mo na kailangan pang maghintay ng 24 oras para malaman kung ano ang nasa puso ng mga nagbabagang balita!
- Mondays @ 7:00 pm
- Combines the best elements of 'Candid Camera' and 'Mission Impossible' and adds one magical ingredient..kids!
- MAVERICK AND ARIEL
- Mondays @ 9:00 pm
- Ang icon ng "kaibahan" patuloy ng maghahasik ng ibang klaseng katatawanan.
- Monday to Friday @ 10:30 pm
- Anchored by: Theresa Andrada and Martin Andanar
- Ngayon, ang longest-running news program sa Philippine TV ay nasa wikang Pilipino na rin. Tampok ang bagong tandem nina Amelyn at Cheri.
- The Probe Election Special
- Saturdays @ 10:00 pm
- Hosted by: Cheche Lazaro
- Dokumentaryo at tele-drama, pinagsama. The Probe team focuses on election issues in this 13-part documentary/drama. A first of its kind!
- Monday to Friday @ 11:00 pm
- Anchored by: Chino Trinidad
- Mga ulat-pangmulat mula sa nangungunang dyaryo sa bansa. Gabi-gabi, may napapanahon isyu, paksa, survey at talakayan.
- WOW MALI!
- Tuesdays @ 8:00 pm
- Hosted by: Joey de Leon
- The Pinoy-style original wackiest spoof Philippine practical joke-gag show!
- The Trio-oke Showdown
- Saturdays @ 9:00 pm
- Hosted by: Ai-ai delas Alas and John Lapus
- See the country's best videoke enthusiasts slug it out in a fun-filled videoke singing match show your talent, sing and earn cash! A fun-filled videoke singing game cum talent search.
- Mondays @ 8:00 pm
- All original episodes. Season 9 & 10 of the most popular FRIENDS on primetime TV is now here!
- AMERICAN IDOL
- Season 3
- Monday to Friday @ 6:00 pm
- Will a Filipina be a next American idol. Ano pang mas exciting than watching our own "kababayan" make it sa pinaka-popular at original na reality star-search sa Hollywood? Abangan ang paglabas nina Jasmine Trias at Camile Velasco, dalawang Pinay-American para makipagtagisan ng galing sa mga Kano!
- Wednesday to Fridays @ 7:00 - 9:30 pm
- Saturdays @ 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Sundays @ 4:00 - 8:00 pm
- Game Boys, palaro ang PBA nasa ABC na ang sports basketball, mayron na PBA fans!
- FAMILY FEUD
- Sundays @ 8:00 pm
- Hosted by: Ogie Alcasid
- The Sunday primetime game show mag-hohost ang Singer-Songwriter ay Ogie Alcasid ang tunay na celebrity contestants at families mula ang P1 million.
NEW PRIMETIME SCHEDULE
- 04:00pm - 04:30pm: Game Channel Extreme (LIVE)
- 04:30pm - 05:00pm: Amazing Twins
- 05:00pm - 05:30pm: Scent of Love
- 05:30pm - 06:00pm: SENTRO (LIVE)
- 06:00pm - 07:00pm: American Idol
- 07:00pm - 08:00pm: Gagsters (Monday)
- 07:00pm - 08:00pm: Puso o Pera (LIVE) (Tuesday)
- 07:00pm - 09:30pm: PBA (LIVE) (Wednesday-Friday)
- 08:00pm - 08:30pm: Friends (Monday)
- 08:00pm - 09:00pm: Wow Mali! (Tuesday)
- 08:30pm - 09:00pm: SINGLE (Monday)
- 09:00pm - 09:30pm: Maverick and Ariel (Monday)
- 09:00pm - 09:30pm: On-Air (Tuesday)
- 09:30pm - 10:00pm: Buhay Beauty Queen
- 10:00pm - 10:15pm: INQ.TV Daily
- 10:15pm - 10:45pm: SAYRI (LIVE)
- 10:45pm - 11:15pm: Fireworks
- 11:15pm - 01:00am: San Miguel block
- 04:00pm - 04:30pm: Game Channel Extreme
- 04:30pm - 05:00pm: Sailor Moon
- 05:00pm - 09:00pm: PBA (LIVE)
- 09:00pm - 10:00pm: Sing-Galing: The Trio-oke Showdown
- 10:00pm - 10:30pm: Lente: The Probe Election Special
- 10:30pm - 12:30am: ABCinema
- 04:00pm - 08:00pm: PBA (LIVE)
- 08:00pm - 09:00pm: Family Feud
- 09:00pm - 11:00pm: Viva Cine Idols
- 11:00pm - 01:00am: ABC On Stage
Ibahin mo ang channel mo! Sa ABC, Iba Tayo!
Iba Tayo by Roberto Barreiro, Managing Director, ABMCEdit
Roberto Barreiro, Managing Director, ABMC, Head of Entertainment and News & Public Affairs Divisions, ABC; and Dan Albert S. de Padua, Programming and News & Public Affairs Executive
- The giant networks are force-feeding viewers undistinguished and undistinguishabla programs. The same old stuff. Following a conventional schedule. With a rigodon of over-exposed artistas. Saying the same predictable things. ABC offers a fresh alternative across the board.
- For the young and youthful crowd who feel the need to rebel against the establishment, ABC is new and on-the-edge, fun and irreverent, vital and action-packed. ABC has Attitude. For the stay-at-home or stuck-at-home people who are bored with the routine and ordinary. ABC represents delightful variety and unexpected innovation. Out-of-the-box and off-the-wall, ABC brings back Entertainment to television.
- For the dreaners and archievers, who aspire for better things and better days, ABC is going for quality and exellence--the most interesting, the most engaging, the Best from here and abroad.
- For all those who believe they're unique, ABC is different, too, like you. (For advertisers and agencies, ABC proposes to deliver a whole new set of eyeballs that haven't been reached before of often enough.)
- Think of us at ABC as your barkada. We won't be presumptuous and cal ourselves your relatives when we know we're not. Nor will we pretend we have the same heart as you do. (Ano ba talaga 'yon?) We won't preach to you or lecture you obligate you or shed crocodile tears for you. That's not what friends do. But if you need to take a break, if you want to get ouy and let go, if you want adventure and maybe a little mischief, if you want to be real for a change, if you want to be with people like you...your ABC Barkada is here for you.
- We're not big. We;re a clique, a faction, a tight circle of friends. Pero, hoy, ibahin n'yo 'to. We're not weak or helpless. Our barkada is our lifestyle refuge, our home outside the house, our fortress against the attack of the clones. We draw strength from our bonds. We revel in our individuality even as we take pride in the hardy band we belong to. You and us. The ABC Barkada. Dahil Iba Tayo.
1 billion to modernize ABCEdit
The Management Team: Hans R. Montenegro, Director for Human Resources; Herminio L. Dar Santos, SVP for Administration; Terra J. Daffon, SVP for Corporate Affairs; Atty. Christine C. Ona, VP for Legal; and Victorino P. Vianzon, VP for Program Acquisition
- ABC's new management team, led by its Engineering Development & Operations Division, is laying the groundwork for a highly-competitive, cutting-edge television station along a modernization plan expected to be completed by 2005 at a cost of over a billion pesos. The company-wide modernization plan encompasses the whole process end to end. Phase 1 is now on stream.
- SIGNAL IMPROVEMENT
- Top priority is optimum coverage and TV signal reception. To achieve this, ABC will boost its transmitter power and improve its antenna to maximize signal strengths in Mega Manila. It will also upgrade transmission power in Davao, Cebu, Bacolod, Baguio and Cagayan de Oro.
- ABC will also establish new sites. Currently, it has 6 UHF stations and 4 VHF stations. More ABC-owned provincial stations will be established countrywide.
- Coverage is also augmented through affiliations. Adding to its fifteen stations nationwide, ABC recently affiliated with nine more provincial stations, enhancing its presence in Batangas, the Bicol region, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Sur, Butuan, Palawan and Zamboanga City. Moreover, it has about 150 cable TV affiliates nationwide. ABC also has a powerful sister company, DREAM Broadcasting, which it can use to deliver a high-quality signal all over the country at a reasonable cost. Now, even small cable companies interested in carrying ABC programming need only acquire a Dream Box which will enable them to recieve ABC programs from Manila. DREAM TV is digital all throighout, and therefore of high-quality. Earlier, ABC entered into a partnership with RMN (Radio Mindanao Network) which now simulcast ABC's news programs. In another development, ABC is set to close an agreement with Echostar, the largest direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television company in the US, to telecast ABC programs in America. It will be called Tha Mabuhay Channel.
Engr. Domingo M. Nabong, VP for Engineering; Jose Javier, VP for News & Public Affairs; Vivian C. Recio, VP for Local Production; Engr. Jose Elmer S. Lorenzo, Director - Engineering Development & Operations Group; and Daerwin S. Hortal, SVP for Station Operations
- NEWS MODERNIZATION
- To gain a new competitive advantage, ABC has converted from along production to digital technology enabling it to enjoy unparalleled newsgathering and production capabilities. ABC is now equipped with tape-less or digital disk-based cameras, which use an oplical disk for storage rather than tapes. ABC is only second to China to use it in the region, and the first to use it in the Philippines. For remote broadcast capabilities, ABC will be equipped with SNG vans and portable antennas or SNG fly-aways.
- The entire news process wil be server-based, thus every aspect will be fully automated and news will be gathered, stored, accessed, produced and delivered fast by a system that binds everything. All editing will be non-linear and file-based instead of tape based.
- LOCAL PRODUCTION UPGRADES
- This dunctionality in news will also be translated to local production. To improve the quality of all locally produced shows, ABC will be using the same cameras as those used by News as well as lipstick or hidden cameras where required. Post-production will use non-linear editing. Eventually, like news, it will have a fully integrated end-to-end system. There is an ongoing comprehensive training and certification program to train and retool end-users on new technologies.
Edgar P. Barcial, VP for Merchandising; Ronald Q. Arciga, Supervisor, Programs Research; Ceferino M. Basilio, VP for Provincial Network Operations; Ma. Luisa V. Villacorta, VP for Finance; and Danillo A.Basa, Manager, Traffic. Marc S. Gorospe, VP for FM Radio; Ma. Luisa B. Lao, VP for Audit; and Pierre Paul S. Buhay, Chief Finance Officer - ABMC.
HIGHLIGHTS-The First MonthsEdit
- Photo 1: ABC under AOC (Cojuangco) delivered its opening salvo at the Ad Congress in Baguio last November with a special themed Fresh.
- Photo 2: Barely three months after the Cojuangco group took over ABC, the new management concluded the CBA with the employees union.
- Photo 3: Two groups both in transition but aggressively pushing to find a position forged a partnership to make a stronger and more dynamic PBA. Now, the PBA Fiesta Conference 2004, is a basketball in an arena of drama and conflict.
- Photo 4: The PBA Rookie Draft yielded a new breed of Superstars, the Gameboys, incredibly talented and with superstar good looks.
- Photo 5: ABC partners with Philippine Radio Corporation to be the official radio carrier of the PBA 2004 Fiesta Conference.
- Photo 6: Veteran broadcast journalist Cheche Lazaro boosts the stocks of ABC News & Public Affairs.
- Photo 7: ABC finds a strategic content partner in the Philippine Daily Inquirer which produced INQ.TV, an in-depth look at today's big stories.
- Photo 8: News & Public Affairs producers, reporters, and writers took a refresher course on news reporting for television under the tutelage of Probe Media Founcation, Inc.
- Photo 9: Trade launch - Boracay Beach Party at the Shangri-la.