Logo used since February 3, 2014.
|Developed by||PTV News and Public Affairs|
|Directed by||Boy Osoyos|
|Opening theme||NewsLife Theme|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Executive producer(s)||Freddie Abando|
|Location(s)||PTV Newscenter, Broadcast Complex, Visayas Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Running time||75 minutes|
|Original channel||People's Television Network|
|Picture format||1080i SDTV|
|Original run||July 2, 2012 – July 8, 2016|
|Preceded by||Teledyaryo Final Edition|
|Followed by||PTV News (Final Edition)|
Good Morning Pilipinas
PTV News (Final Edition)
NewsLife is the flagship English language late-night newscast of People's Television Network in the Philippines. Shown every Monday to Friday at 9:45 pm (PST) after the PSCO Lottery Draw, it is anchored by Anthony Pangilinan, Catherine Vital and Charmaine Espina.
It is one of the flagship newscast of PTV since its inception in 2012, and notable being the country's late-night English news program on Philippine television.
NewsLife premieres on July 2, 2012 as a result part of the network's Telebisyon ng Bayan branding. It is anchored by former ABS-CBN anchor and reporter Robert Tan along with new anchors Isabella Cantu and Angelica Movido airing weeknights after the Philippine Lotto Draw. It marked the return of English language newscast of PTV in the late-night slot after 11 years of hiatus (with National Network News) from 1998 to 2001. It was first revealed on their official Facebook and Twitter account.
However, Movido eventually left the newscast to be moved to News@1 and replaced by Princess Habibah Sarip who recently left News@1, joining Tan and Cantu as the main anchors on October 1, 2012 as the first time to a Muslim newscaster on a late-night newscast in the Philippines.
As of April 1, 2013, NewsLife has adapted the new opening billboard (OBB) indent with 3D computed-animated graphics and opening titles, new set of PTV Newscenter with enhanced studio set in a brighter flooring and background, modified its news desk in sitting on a newsdesk, new redesigned logo and new title card. The same night, Bianca Saldua and Catherine Vital are the new faces of PTV anchors, joining Robert and Isabella.
However, Saldua left the newscast on January 31, 2014 due to participation at Miss World Philippines 2013.
As of February 3, 2014, the timeslot eventually moved its timeslot from 9:15pm (original) to 9:45pm (permanent) because of the success of the network's first ever Koreanovela offering on PTV like You Are My Destiny at 9pm slot before the PCSO Lottery Draw at 9:30pm. The same night, in line with their 40th anniversary in the Philippine television industry, NewsLife will be reformatted its new title card, new redesigned logo, modified its newsdesk and new graphic design.
On June 2, 2014, together with PTV's newscasts (Balitaan, PTV Newsbreak, News@1, News@6 and The Weekend News), NewsLife updated its news desk and a brand new studio set design. Montano left the newscast on October 3, 2014, and Tan and Vital remained as the main anchors as of October 6, 2014. Tan is the lead male anchor for sitting the newsdesk while Vital is the female co-anchor to do stand-up news delivery. In April 6, 2015, Ria Fernandez joined Tan and Vital, as Fernandez and Vital put as co-anchor of Tan.
Four months ago, on July 13, 2015, Georgina Ramos-Kettrick replaced Fernandez. Tan and Ramos-Kettrick left the newscast and eventually no longer contract of PTV had expired on October 2, 2015.
In October 5, 2015, Anthony Pangilinan marked his return to PTV after 20 years when he anchored on the defunct late-night English newscast News on 4 from 1987 to 1994. Anthony appointed as the lead anchorman, they joined Catherine Vital as the remaining female co-anchor and the return of Ria Fernandez replaced Ramos-Kettrick, after the former's 3-month hiatus from the newscast and maintaining the same title card, soundtrack, and graphics. After one year (as male anchor for sitting the newsdesk and female co-anchor for stand-up news), their three anchors eventually sitting by the newsdesk. Two months ago, in December 14, 2015, Charmaine Espina appointed the newscast, joining Pangilinan and Vital and replacing Fernandez, who continue to focus on field reporting.
NewsLife air their last broadcast in July 8, 2016 to make way for the return of PTV News (9:45pm).
- Anthony Pangilinan (December 5, 1964: October 5, 2015-July 8, 2016)
- Catherine Vital (April 1, 2013-July 8, 2016)
- Charmaine Espina (December 14, 2015-July 8, 2016)
- Robert Tan (2012-October 2, 2015)
- Ysabella Montano (2012-October 3, 2014)
- Angelica Movido (2012; moved to News@1 and now with ABS-CBN)
- Princess Habibah Sarip (2012-2013)
- Bianca Saldua (April 1, 2013-January 31, 2014; left due to participation at Miss World Philippines 2013)
- Ria Fernandez (April 4-July 10, 2015, October 5-December 11, 2015)
- Georgina Ramos-Kettrick (July 13-October 2, 2015)
- JM Reyes - On the Road traffic reporter (2013-2016)
- Atty. JJ Jimeno-Atienza - Rule of Law
- Earle Figuracion - weather forecaster from Panahon.TV
- Prof. Edmond Rosales - Forecast (2012-2014)
- Hajji Kaamiño - YouSurfer (2013-2014)
- Kring Lacson - YouSurfer (2014-2015)
- View From The Palace - Report from Malacañang
- Business On The Move - Business and Economy News
- The Boardroom (every Friday)
- On the Road - Traffic Update
- The Nation in Review - World News
- One Global Village - Foreign News
- Asean In Focus - Southeast Asia News
- Champions - Sports News
- Forecast - Weather Forecast
- The Best and Brightest - Entertainment News (the only PTV-produced newscast to do so)
- It's More Fun in the Philippines - Travelogue
- Rule of Law - Legal Segment
Awards and nominationsEdit
Gandingan: UPLB Isko't Iska's Broadcast Choice Awards AwardsEdit
- Gandingan 2016: The 78th UPLB Isko’t Iska’s Broadcast Choice Awards (Best Female Newscaster) - Won (Catherine Vital)
- Gandingan 2016: The 78th UPLB Isko’t Iska’s Broadcast Choice Awards (Best News Program) - Won (tied with News@6)
3rd UmalohokJuan AwardsEdit
- 3rd UmalohokJuan Awards (Best Male News Anchor) - Won (Anthony Pangilinan)
- 3rd UmalohokJuan Awards (Best News Program) - Won (tied with News@6)
Anak TV Seal AwardsEdit
- 2015 Anak TV Seal Awardee (Most Well-Liked TV Program) - Nominated
- 2014 Anak TV Seal Awardee (Most Well-Liked TV Program) - Nominated
- Anthony N. Pangilinan | Facebook
- Anthony N. Pangilinan updated his cover... - Anthony N. Pangilinan | Facebook
- Government-Owned People’s Television (PTV4) Relaunches For Commercial Broadcast
- 1995 Flashback: The Beginning of the Much-Awaited PTV’s Sports Coverage
- PTV-4 Unvieled Its New Look This October 2015
- 'NewsLife' now with Anthony Pangilinan beginning October 5
- People's Television Network