|Created by||People's Television Network|
|Developed by||PTV News and Public Affairs|
John Cruz |
Rocky Ignacio (Saturday)
Ralph Obina (Saturday)
Joseph Parafina (Sunday)
Eunice Samonte (Sunday)
|Opening theme||"Day Trader" by Giovanni Lodigiani, Proud Music |
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
KC Santos Juan (Weeknight Edition) |
Dionisio Torres (Weekend Edition)
Juliet Caranguian (Weekend Edition)
Edgar S. Reyes (Head, News and Public Affairs)|
Rocky Ignacio (Head, News Operations)
|Location(s)||PTV 4 Studio A, Quezon City|
|Camera setup||Multicamera setup|
75 minutes (Weeknights)|
45 minutes (Weekends)
|Original channel||People's Television Network|
|Picture format||1080i 16:3 (HDTV)|
Stereo (Virtual Surround)|
Mono (High fidelity)
|Original run||July 10, 2017 – present|
|Preceded by||PTV News (Primetime Edition)|
Bagong Pilipinas |
PTV News Headlines
Ulat Bayan premiered on July 10, 2017 at 6:30pm, replacing PTV News (Primetime Edition) as part of programming changes brought by about the relaunch of PTV on June 28, 2017 as the network's premier early-evening newscast and the network's counterpart to ABS-CBN's TV Patrol, GMA's 24 Oras and IBC's Express Balita. PTV News primetime holdovers Aljo Bendijo was joined by Catherine Vital (formerly from 9:30 pm editon), joining them in one newscast, with Ice Martinez (PTV InfoWeather), Atty. Persida Rueda-Acosta (Tapang ng Batas) and Angel Atienza (PTV Sports) as segment anchors. The weekend edition also premiered on July 15, 2017 at 6:00pm and is anchored by Rocky Ignacio and Ralph Obina on Saturdays, and Joseph Parafina and Marita Moaje on Sundays, with Trixie Jaafar (PTV InfoWeather) as the weekend weather forecaster.
On September 4, 2017, Ulat Bayan extended its runtime to 75 minutes, from 6:30pm to 7:45pm on Monday to Friday. Also, on September 9, 2017, the weekend edition moved to a new timeslot at 6:30pm to complement the daily primetime slot.
On September 11, 2017, along with Daily Info Sentro Balita and PTV News Headlines, Ulat Bayan will be using the full stand-up delivery. These anchors are now standing with a large screen at their back.
On September 18, 2017, both Bendijo and Vital were replaced by the radio commentator and hard-hitting broadcaster Erwin Tulfo (after he resigned from TV5, Radyo5 92.3 News FM and AksyonTV) and seasoned news reporter and beauty queen Diane Querrer who came from Daily Info as the new weeknight anchors. Tulfo began the subsequent episodes with his signature opening line, "Magandang gabi Bayan, narito na ang detalye ng mga pangunahing balita ngayong araw."
As a result of sweeping restructuring changes brought about by a controversy surrounding Erwin Tulfo and his brother Ben with the Department of Touism and PTV-4, Erwin was removed from the newscast shortly after the scandal broke out and a troika of rotating anchors (Aljo Bendijo, Ralph Obina and Audrey Gorriceta) filled in for his slot until June 1, 2018.
Alex Santos and Catherine Vital became the new anchors of Ulat Bayan on June 4, 2018, formally replacing Tulfo and Querrer, the latter being reassigned back to Daily Info with Audrey Gorriceta. Vital returned to Ulat Bayan after a year of absense.
On July 16, 2018, as a part of their new era, Ulat Bayan along with Daily Info, Sentro Balita, PTV Newsbreak and PTV News Headlines revamped its opening billboards, while the CGI logos for both progams remained the same, the logos were presented in a 3D-like format. Also, a new headline sequence and title card for the program was introduced, barely a few days after PTV's relaunch.
On August 4, 2018, the weekend edition reduces its runtime into 45 minutes, airing from 6:15pm to 7pm, due to the airing expansion of the 15-minute PCSO Lottery Draw in the afternoon.
- Alex Santos (June 4, 2018-present)
- Catherine Vital (July 10-September 15, 2017, June 4, 2018-present)
- Aljo Bendijo (substitute anchor for Santos)
- Ralph Obina (substitute anchor for Santos)
- Phoebe Javier (substitute anchor for Vital)
- Audrey Gorriceta (substitute anchor for Santos)
- Ice Martinez (PTV InfoWeather: 2017-present, Inside Showbiz: 2018-present)
- Amee Olila (Traffic Watch)
- Rocky Ignacio (Saturday)
- Ralph Obina (Saturday)
- Joseph Parafina (Sunday)
- Eunice Samonte (Sunday) (September 17, 2017-2018, 2018-present)
- Trixie Jaafar (PTV InfoWeather)
- Migs Cruzada (Traffic Watch) (2018-present)
- Aljo Bendijo (July 10-September 15, 2017)
- Erwin Tulfo (September 18, 2017-May 8, 2018)
- Diane Querrer (September 18, 2017-June 1, 2018)
- Marita Moaje (Sunday) (July 16-September 10, 2017; 2018)
- Sweeden Velado-Ramirez (Sunday) (2018)
- Atty. Persida Rueda-Acosta (Tapang ng Batas) (2017)
- Angel Atienza (PTV Sports) (2017-2018)
- Meg Siozon (PTV Sports) (2017-2018)
- Sec. Salvador Panelo (Ang Linya ng Pagbabago) (2017)
- Wheng Hidalgo (Ang Linya ng Pagbabago) (2017)
- Ulat Pulis - Police Report (the only PTV-produced newscast to do so, the other one is Sentro Balita as Sentrong Pulis)
- Serbisyong Bayan - Public Service
- Traffic Watch - Traffic Update
- GIoBalita - Foreign News
- PTV InfoWeather - Weather Forecast (Ice Martinez)
- PTV Sports - Sports News featuring the results of the UAAP.
- Inside Showbiz - Entertainment News (Ice Martinez) (April 16, 2018-present) (the only PTV-produced newscast to do so, the other one is PTV News Headlines since July 10, 2017 as Entertainment Headlines)
Regional versions Edit
As part of the expansion of PTV's local programming, a 30-minute regional newscast, Ulat Bayan Mindanao was launched on October 16, 2017 and broadcast on PTVisMin Channel 11 Davao. It is anchored by Elric Ayop and Hannah Salcedo. The newscast airs from Monday to Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (before the network's public service program Kilos Pronto).
- ↑ https://www.proudmusiclibrary.com/en/track/day-trader
- ↑ Erwin Tulfo joins PTV4 full-time; named new anchor of 'Ulat Bayan'|publisher=Media Newser Philippines|date=September 17, 2017|accessdate=September 17, 2017
- ↑ http://www.medianewser.com/2018/06/alex-santos-replaces-erwin-tulfo-on-ptv-news.html#disqus_thread
- ICE MARTINEZ 🇵🇭 on Instagram: “🌲🍒Holidays @ work deserves a jump shot beside our awesome satellite van! 🇵🇭❤️But kuya guard had a hard time capturing it and napawisan na ko…” • Instagram
- Erwin Tulfo on Instagram: “Getting ready for PTV News tonight. #erwintulfo” • Instagram
- Bong Aportadera - PCOO enhances gov’t communication... | Facebook
- Jules Guiang - On July 16, I’m celebrating my 6th year... | Facebook
- All-new PTV 4 revamp its programming on July 10
- The “Other” SONA: State of the Newscasts’ Address
- PTV’S HOMECOMING, OUR WARNING: Thoughts on Their Return to Cover SEA Games and More
- ‘Unknown Woman’ Premieres September 4 on PTV-4
- PTV 4 begins its new primetime lineup
- Erwin Tulfo Joins PTV 4 Full-Time; Named New Anchor of 'Ulat Bayan'
- PTV-4 beefs up news programming
- PTV 4, magsu-showbiz na rin
- Sungduan: New PTV
- PCOO eyes improvements as govt’s main media arm
- PTV, The Kapambansa Network, Launches Its New Station ID, 'Para sa Bayan'
- PCOO enhances gov’t communication platforms
- My wonder ward Diane Querrer
- PTV to air free Chinese series, docus soon
- Chinese shows dubbed in Tagalog to be aired on state-run PTV
- New-look PTV goes beyond News and Public Affairs
- Government TV network becomes more aggressive
- Bagong Pilipinas
- Daily Info
- Sentro Balita
- PTV Newsbreak
- PTV News Headlines
- List of programs broadcast by People's Television Network